Saturday, December 08, 2007

Shout unto God.

I just got back from camp yesterday and I tell you, it was one heck of an experience I'll never forget. It was so good, I even despise myself for doubting from the very beginning. Before the camp, I just thought to myself tht it'll not work on me, considering how much I was lacking. In terms of the walk I was having. But with the grace and anointing that was poured in camp, everything changed. Even the fellowship with the others from different churches were good. It was a combine youth camp with four different churches. Harvest Christian Assembly, Bethany Christian Centre; Singapore, First Assembly of God; Kota Bharu and Sanctuary Praise; Damansara. It amounted to about 100 plus people altogether.


First day of camp was a little difficult, as in.. awkward? haha but obviously we needed time to warm up with new people and especially our dorm mates. Finally got to talk to Carmen. She was my neighbour and kindergarten friend back then but she shifted after kindergarten and I didn't have any contact with her since then. Haha she was so shy at first, it was so hard for me to talk to her or ask her about how everything is with her now. But from the second day onwards, we started talking and catching up on everything we didn't know about each other. It was great, getting to meet and know such an old friend. Took a few pictures with her but I'll only get them when I see her online. =) In fact, there are hardly any pictures of camp with me right now.


My group members were a little too quiet on the first and second day. I almost died there man. Really cannot tahan. Rui yuan was the leader and Blessing from Sanctuary Praise was the assistant. Blessing was truly a great blessing to me. When she shared, everything she said was so true. She relates our daily routines to God and how we can change our perceptions towards the challenges we face and I was so glad to know so much from her. She's from Africa by the way. John and Melissa from Singapore were great people too. John's a funny and open person. He tries so hard to make the group members to talk and open up about what they have in mind during devotions but they hardly work. Haha. Melissa keeps speaking mandarin and telling me Chinese proverbs, like I understand la? hahaha. So when I tell her I don't get what she's saying, she explains them in english and I'll go 'ohhh....' When she starts doing it again, I just look at her and she'll right away explain in english without me asking her wht it means. haha. Bet she must be thinking I'm some banana. yea i know i am la ok. Exchanged email addresses with them, in hopes of keeping in touch.

There're a few pictures I have with me but I'll insert the rest after I get them.

Clockwise from top: Sabrina, Caleb, Fangyi (duh), Gideon, Rui Fong and Aivy.

Group members during games day. We were shampooing our hair to collect foam to be put on John's body. Haha.

Gwendolynn.

Moving on, the camp just got better and better. The services were awesome. His presence was there, so strong that I just stopped holding back. The last two sessions really hit me. I just broke down and surrendered it all. It reminded of the camp I attended in Grace back in 2003. But this was even greater because now I know how much I have and what I can do with my walk with Him. Fellowship with the rest of them from hca just got better. I learnt alot from the worship ministry as well. Serving in the worship team is also a really great experience because it teaches me how to do it all unto God and give praise unto Him by using the talents I have, which He gave ;) It was so different from the camp with them last year. Really enjoyed the camp and there're no regrets at all. None. Quite camp sick now actually =(

God is awesome. Without Him, none of this could've happened!

xx - Sharon.

No comments: