Wednesday, December 13, 2006

HCA Youth Camp 2006. Unshakable. Great!


Finally, after 2 years, I went for another church camp. This time I didn't go to my church's, but with Harvest Christian Assembly. It was on the 8th till 11th. Don't think
I could've been anymore fortunate than having high fever on the night before camp. So while we were on the bus, I was having such a tough time! My legs were aching. U know, tht kinda feeling when u have fever, the 'seng' feeling on yr legs. Haha.

So when we reached, we checked into our apartments, put our stuffs and then... Umm, wait.. I forgot. And then, we.... Oh! we had our free time. That was when I was completely bored.

All of us walked around the area, Ocean View Resort by the way. There was a bkb court, ping pong tables, obstacle course, wht else? Hmm, pool tables, tennis courts, beach volleyball. Tht's about it.
So u know lar, I was sick right, but then couldnt resist the 2 ping pong tables posing there, waiting for me to use them, so I played ping pong with MunKhea, AiVy and Jo-anne. Started to sweat so I guess after that, I felt a lil better. Had session 1 which was the service at night after our dinner. Did our devotion exercises together after that for the discussion on the next morning.

The second day was something like tht too, but it was getting better. We're supposed to be awake by 7.30. After that, we have morning devotion at 8 till 8.30. At least this time, we all got to know each other better and talked more. After devotion, we had our second session. Our speaker was Pastor Willard. I think he was the one who spoke in Camporama? In the afternoon, we had games. The first game was, finding a coin in the bowl of flour without using yr hands. My faced was completely covered with flour. Some of the flour even went into my eyes. Could barely see and it hurts, somehow. Second game, blowing balloons and then stuffing it into the group leader's shirt. The most balloons in the shirt wins. Kinda boring actually. Last game was 'dodgeball' but I would rather call it 'bola beracun' haha tht game we play in primary school during PJ. Tht's about it? Yupe, only three games and they all ended pretty quick. The only thing about the camp is that, too much free time is given and there weren't enough games planned. We had 'saturday night fever' after dinner. No, no dancing and music involved. Haha. There were lotsa games and everyone was supposed to be dressed in red and white. Everybody was participating in the games and there were so much laughters. It was fun actually. So I guess the camp wasn't boring after all!


Sis and cousin. The first picture I took I think. Gosh my nose looks huge.

Sue May and I. She has changed man! Personality wise, she's much nicer =D

Picture before 'Saturday Night Fever'. I know some of us look really scary but it's cause of the flash. Yes yes! Blame it on the flash. =p


The third day, we had our usual devotion, breakfast and then session 3, which was when it was starting to get awesome. Had lunch, free time and at 4, we went to the beach. We went finding for small sea creatures. But frankly, all of them are ugly and small. So can say, we kinda wasted time there, looking at the guys getting dumped into the sea one by one.


This is who I would call, the ever-so-crazy Edric. He was one of them who made the camp really enjoyable.

Irin and I.

Lorna and I went back to the apartment after that, while everybody else went swimming. Both of us were always there for each other at times of 'isolation'. We were usually staying in the apartment, lepaking and finishing up the junk food like nobody's business. It's cause we didn't feel like participating in whtever games or activities the rest doing during free time.2 big plastic bags weren't even enough for the rubbish. But hey, those ppl needed both of us to finish them up anyway. Most of them were afraid to get fat [yea right] =D
After tht, dinner loh.. after dinner, session 4. Last session for the camp. 1 word. CHUN. Everyone was moved, including me. Pastor Willard preached really well and he was kinda like, praying for us, individually, telling all of us wht we were destined to be. Not magic, this is when you should say, God is there =)
When the service ended, we took a group picture and the rest played mafia.
All of them played except the girls in Mun Khea's apartment. Which includes me la. Erhem, we were doing our devotion kay.. not gossiping. We got a lil hungry after tht, so we went down to my sis's apartment where there were lots and lots of maggie mee.

Sue May, Sabrina and I in Amy's apartment.

Filled our tummy up and went back up to our apartment. Talked and talked till it was 4 something. Decided to camwhore before going to bed. The pics aren't with me right now, but I h
ave something I wanna show. This girl, was camwhoring with my phone the whole time, asking if she looks nice in them. When we said she doesn't, "delete, take again, delete, take again". FINALLY, she was satisfied with these 3 pictures. This girl I'm talking about is none other than.....



Lim Ai Vy! more..


more..


That's about it. Don't kill me if u ever get to read this. Hahaha.


11th Dec. (Last day of camp)

My cousin's fren said, 'Oh finally! last day!' I guess she didn't really enjoy the camp. Ahaha. But the thing is, she got the 'most quiet newcomer' award. So now, was it her, or the camp? hmm...
But well, I would say it ended, awesomely. [is tht even a w
ord? it is right? ahaha] Especially the times we had on the 2nd night and 3rd day. The people there are really friendly and they're easy to mingle with.
So, I would say, the camp was memorable! Looking forward to the next one.

Here are some pics we took before we left..


Sab, Irin, Me, Mun Khea.

Irin and I, again.

Mun Khea and I

HCA Youth Camp 2006. Not a big group but this is why we have a bigger faith for a bigger group next year.
Cheers!



signing off - paper bag

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

eh ur post is actually published! nice one, i think it's even better than mine. Eventhough u seldom update, but whenever u do, the post will surely be longer than others. haha

Anonymous said...

ey ey eh! very long mer? accumulating all hers, she post so lil la. sum up all mine, you can publish a book also. Hahahaha!! wait la. mine next will be as long as 3 posts of hers. how about that?

Anonymous said...

hahah. really la, her post really long. u see her fonts so small. 3 post of hers? good! i'll be waiting =D