Monday, May 29, 2006

So Sway

Wanna know wht happened? I'm gonna type it out anyways. So, I reached Sheraton Hotel at 12 pm, like I described myself earlier, I have ZERO confidence whenever I have to perform or whtever. There was a piano in the waiting room, to be used while waiting so I practiced my scales, exam pieces, then I sat down, trying to relax. I had 10 minutes to relax. So I thought I was pretty relaxed by tht time. "Sharon Lee" the steward called. I was like, oh crap it's my turn. My dad looked at me, I just smiled and the steward led me to the room. On my way to the room, I realized how nervous I was and I thought I was relaxed. =.=' As I entered....


Mr. Mang : Good afternoon. Have a seat.
Miss L.O.C : Good afternoon, sir. (passed him the examination slip)
Mr. Mang : So you're Sharon? Are you ready? If you are, which would you like to play first? Scales or
your pieces?
Miss L.O.C : I would like to start with scales.
Mr. Mang : Okay, tht's great. Play C sharp harmonic minor.
Miss L.O.C : (played it pretty well)
Mr. Mang : Thank you very much, now play F sharp melodic minor.
Miss L.O.C : (played it pretty well)
Mr. Mang : Now, play D major.
Miss L.O.C : [huh? since when there's a D major in my syllabus? whtever, play nie lah] (put
both hands on the keys, wanted to play normal D major scales.)
Mr. Mang : Only right hand, put your left hand down. [staring at me wondering wht was I doing]
Miss L.O.C : Oh, scales in third? [saw the reflection of his face on the piano and he gave tht 'look'. Like
as if I was stupid. Come on lah! He didnt even say scales in 3rd. He was saying normal
scales right? Suddenly D major, like how would I know wht he wants? Ish!]
'(played)
Mr. Mang : Thank you. Now, C major.
Miss L.O.C : [HAAR? C major? wht in the world.. okay, wait, does he mean scales in 6th? lebih, dont know how to tell is it!? argh]
(played)
Mr. Mang : Thank you. Arpeggios, dominant seventh in G. Play however you wish to.
Miss L.O.C : (Played it in the normal legato way.)
Mr. Mang : Thank you. Open your book and start with the study.
Miss L.OC : (So tensed. Breathed in before playing. Played, with MISTAKES!) [Kay, relax
relax. Still got 3 more to go. Gave myself encouragement. Lol.]
Mr. Mang : (Rested his head on his hand while writing comments on the slip. Took pretty long to write
too)

To cut the long story short, it went on the SAME way for the other pieces like wht happened in the study. Also not forgetting, super cold fingers, shivering a little. He again put his hand on his forehead while writing down the comments he has for me. Gosh, was I really bad? Sigh.. Or maybe he was just too tired since I WAS THE LAST??? Yea, I was the last. Can you imagine how SWAY I was? THE LAST ONE has to usually perform really well cause at the end of the day, Mr. Mang would be damn mang cause he listened to other candidates before me, playing the songs over and over and over again rite? And how did I perform? I did the same thing for the others like how I did in my study! Got freaking MISTAKES! Sigh..
Other than tht, everything else went okay.


Mr. Mang : Thank you very much. You may go now.
Miss L.O.C : Thank you sir, goodbye.
Mr. Mang : All your troubles are over now, aren't they? (smiled)

Miss L.O.C : (looked at him, smiled and said..) Yea, bye sir.
Mr. Mang : Bye bye.

Wht in the world? He asked me if all my troubles were over. Why would he ask me such thing? Because he could see I was too nervous? Hopefully he understands my L.O.C character and makes me pass at least. There were so many proofs tht showed he was trying to end it asap. He missed out SO many parts which he was suppose ask me. During arpeggios, he didnt ask me the diminished keys. During ear test, he didnt ask me to name the cadence, the keys, the modulations and the texture of his piece. I wonder........ I should have replied, "No sir, I dont think my troubles are over. You were kinda scary and I dont think you gave me satisfying grades" hahaha if only I had the guts, but it's still my fault though. Gah, blame the character of mine!

On my way home, I was thinking, maybe I should just give up piano. Btw, trinity board is really tough. Maybe I should just stick with AB. Which? Change board or stop piano? Or just jump down to Klang River, or smoke some weed and get high? Lol. Just... kidding...


signing off - Miss L.O.C

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»